Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install sink mixer o ring?

liamo
Just Starting Out

How to install sink mixer o ring?

We just bought a new sink mixer. We assume the o ring needs to sit on top of the bench top with the fixing washer and fixing ring under the bench top however the o ring looks like it should fit inside the recess at the base if the mixer is too big? The instructions say the flat washed goes under the bench top. 

20230820_115520.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install sink mixer o ring?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @liamo. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a sink mixer.

I'd agree that the o-ring would sit on the bench and should recess into that groove. The flat washer would go under the bench, and the nut would go up against it.

Is the o-ring too large to fit inside the recess on the bottom of the tap? It appears so from your image; that is peculiar. I'd suggest you take it back to the store and get a team member to check the other units to see if a mismatched o-ring has been included in the kit.

I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects