Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix this leak on filter system?

jenwren
Finding My Feet

How to fix this leak on filter system?

IMG_2275.jpeg

Under sink purebred Walter filter system. How can I fix it? Since changing the cartridge, it’s leaking. Old owners must have had problem on the past, going by the bowl under the sink. 
will some silicon work? If so any brand or type? Just squeeze it round where the water comes out? 
TIA🙏

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix this leak

Hello @jenwren 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your water filter.

It's possible that the O ring of the quick fit connector has deteriorated, or the end of the hose needs to be trimmed to get a tighter fit. I suggest trying my second suggestion first and that is to trim about 5mm of the blue hose and push fit it back into the connector.

If it continues to leak, it will be necessary to replace it with a new fitting. The part you are after is similar to the John Guest 12mm x 3/8" Male BSPT Straight Adaptor. I recommend bringing the broken piece with you so that the special orders team can measure the size of your fitting to make sure that it is compatible.

If you are not familiar with your water filter system, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fix this leak

Hi Eric,

That is fantastic, I’ll do that, thank you 😊 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects