Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix dishwasher hose leaking?

Karl92
Growing in Experience

How to fix dishwasher hose leaking?

Hi everyone,

Have a hose that is leaking when the dishwasher is running. Have tested it and confirmed only when the dishwasher is running. I've removed the hose and tried pushing it as far as I could and still hasn't worked.

For reference, 1 week ago my wife ran lamb fat down the sink and caused the trap to get clogged. 

I removed the trap and cleared the fat. Once I connected the hose again, that's when it started to leak. 

It's a pain in the butt to move the dishwasher. Any easy fix? Or do I need to move it and replace the hose?

20231002_112256(0).jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dishwasher hose leaking

Hi @Karl92,

I suspect that there might be a fine crack in the rubber connector of the dishwasher hose. Unfortunately, replacing the hose might be the most straightforward solution here. I see no other reason that connection would leak, provided you have that clamp tightened adequately.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Karl92
Growing in Experience

Re: Dishwasher hose leaking

Thanks Mitchell,

I'll try tighten as much as I can do then run again. If it doesn't work guess I'll have to move the dishwasher and replace the hose. 

Appreciate your help.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects