Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix damaged window frame?

jeijav
Just Starting Out

How to fix damaged window frame?

Hi! We moved into a new place and this kitchen frame is damaged due to the water absorption near the sink. It’s an eye sore and Ive been wanting to fix this part but I have no idea what to do. I hope someone can give me ideas. Thanks!

IMG_6852.jpeg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: how to fix damaged window frame

@jeijav 

That board looks like it  can be lifted up and replaced by another cut to size  if you feel your up to that.

option  2 is to use some gyprock wall corner  steel and create a  new  plaster edge.

Gyprock CSR 2700mm Rondo® 17 90° Mini Internal Angle

$5.53

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix damaged window frame

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jeijav. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a window trim.

That appears to be an MDF splayed skirting. I'd suggest removing the damaged one and replacing it. You'll need a wrecking bar to pull it off the wall. When installing the new trim, make sure to paint all sides with a couple of coats before installation. This helps prevent water from being absorbed into the timber. The new trim can be glued and screwed into position. After this, timber filler is used to cover the screw holes and a final couple of coats of paint are applied.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects