Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a burn bark on a kitchen benchtop?

marissa
Finding My Feet

How to fix a burn bark on a kitchen benchtop?

Hello! 

I have recently discovered this burn mark in the middle of my kitchen bench and was seeking advice of how to fix it. Thanks! 

IMG_1505.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a burn bark on a kitchen benchtop?

Hello @marissa 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your benchtop.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to fix a burn mark on benchtop laminate? by @JamieK. In the discussion, I suggested using a scourer pad. But because the damage is not too severe, I suggest scrubbing it until the dark burned spots have faded away.

I then recommend going to the store's paint department and try looking for a colour that is compatible with your benchtop. Please note that it might require you to use a minimum of two colours to try and duplicate the finish of your benchtop. I suggest using a Boyle Size 0 Craft Taklon Flat Brush or similar to duplicate the dots on your benchtop.

Please note that this is a temporary repair, and it will be necessary to touch up the surface every now and then as the paint will fade due to wear and tear. When you have enough resources, I propose replacing the benchtop with a new set.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fix a burn bark on a kitchen benchtop?

Thanks Eric, I’ll give it a shot this weekend ☺️

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects