Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill laminate benchtop join?

Downloads
Just Starting Out

How to fill laminate benchtop join?

Hi

I am adding a marble benchtop at the end of my laminate benchtop. Same height.Very close join, but still small gap.

Is there a little strip I can get to stick on top of the join, so that I can wipe the bench without the crumbs falling in the gap? Also I dont want dirt buildup there.

I remember something like this made of slim rubber, (from my childhood kitchen bench corner join):

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-White-Universal-Glazing-Bar-for-Polycarbonate-Sheets---2-5m/p/164052

{the top rail}

thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laminate Benchtop join

Hello @Downloads

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to fill the gap between your benchtops.

If the marble top is going to be fixed in place, and will not be moving any time in the future, and the gap is less than 1mm, I suggest using Selleys 260g All Clear Multipurpose Sealant. However, if you wish to use a physical sealant, I suggest using Metal Mate 20 x 20 x 1.5mm 1m Aluminium Tee Strip. Being aluminium it can withstand extreme temperatures and will not go brittle like plastic. It can be painted and glued onto any surface. I suggest making sure that both surfaces are free and clear of grease and grime before putting anything in the gap.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects