Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect a dishwasher hose in a small space?

annayang8312
Just Starting Out

How to connect a dishwasher hose in a small space?

I purchased LG dishwasher today and my husband tried to connect water supply hose but found it is not able to connect due to the not enough space as pictured. We went to a bunnins and bought hose extension( not recommended) but it leaked. Can you recommend anyting instead of cut the shelf pannel? If it shoud cut, which tool are you recommending.

Thanks a lot

20231231_165126.jpg

20231231_165122.jpg

  

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Dishwasher water supply hose does not fit to water tap due to the small space

Hi @annayang8312 

Will it fit if you angle the tap toward the corner instead of it pointing downwards?  You may need to turn off the water supply and add more thread sealing tape to the tap if it leaks when it's turned. 

,Alternatively you could try using a flexible braided hose with a right angle connection such as

https://www.bunnings.com.au/kinetic-300mm-stainless-steel-braided-hose-bent-elbow-water-connector_p4...

You'll need a threaded joiner to fit the two hoses together and some sealing tape.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dishwasher water supply hose does not fit to water tap due to the small space

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @annayang8312. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a dishwasher.

The first thing I notice here is that the grey hose is the outlet waste hose of the machine and not the water connection hose. This grey hose goes to the little white barb on your sink waste in the foreground of your first image. That barb needs to be drilled out and unblocked before connection.

The second thing I noticed is that the white fitting in the second image you've pushed into the waste hose does not belong there. That fitting is connected to the water tap, and the inlet hose (another thinner hose that would have been included) is connected to it. So, once you have the correct hoses for waste and inlet, your question will still likely apply. You'll need to cut the shelving to connect the correct inlet hose. For cutting the shelving, I recommend a jigsaw.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects