Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach dishwasher inlet hose to tap?

jennieb53
Just Starting Out

How to attach dishwasher inlet hose to tap?

I just purchased a Vogue countertop dishwasher and trying to find how to attach water inlet hose to my kitchen tap please?

This is hose and tap pic..

I am in New Zealand..

20230125_143506.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: counter top dishwasher question

Hi @jennieb53 

I dont think there are any  DIY  soloutions you simply need a  water outlet for your dish washer.

Take this to bunnings and ask their guy there for advice  Or @EricL  is good on plumbing he might be able to help

The only hope is to take the water tap/spout  off and install a tee water  junction there as a possibility it  will need a tap too

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach dishwasher inlet hose to tap?

Hello @jennieb53

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your dishwasher.

There are a few options for you to connect your dishwasher to the cold water outlet. First, is to unscrew the cold tap and attach a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Tee in combination with a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Nipple. This will allow you to screw the cold tap back onto the "Tee". You'll then need to attach a Brasshards 20mm Chrome Loose Nut Mini Washing Machine Tap in combination with a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Nipple into the open side of the tee.

The next option is to get your garden hose and attach a Pope 12mm Universal Tap Adaptor along with a Philmac 3/4" BSP Thread Pipe Nipple. You'll need to pass your gardenhose through your window to connect the inlet of the dishwasher. The other way to attach your dishwasher is to get a registered plumber to drill through your benchtop and attach it from underneath onto the outlet of the cold water. Please make sure to use a Kinetic 12mm x 10m White Standard Thread Seal on all the threaded fittings.

Please note that if you are in a rental property it's important to ask permission before carrying out any changes to the plumbing. Also please be aware that a registered plumber might be required to carry out these modifications. Please make sure to wear safety equipment such as gloves and safety goggles when doing plumbing work.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
segadreamcast
Finding My Feet

Re: How to attach dishwasher inlet hose to tap?

Did you end up finding a solution? I'm having the same problem 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects