Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. kitchen table

moshiach77
New Contributor

D.I.Y. kitchen table

6772C20B-61DF-4F45-AD2B-98B5B7E4AE94.jpegKitchen table made from recycled timberI made this table from some old hardwood boards I had. 

0A49240C-3676-4AA2-9B6F-F18615458791.jpeg

670B2032-4321-4E96-B096-0B3D42CA96C8.jpeg

C7EBAA87-8AD1-4AB7-899F-20E74D535FA1.jpeg

451B26C8-7D74-4D6A-8E0A-8CA79D448E54.jpeg

mattstar

Re: D.I.Y. kitchen table

A very nice job. I plan to use a large ply sheet but am not clear on the way to do the underneath bracing. I'll use some merbau 100 ml square hard wood for legs. and probably some left over har wood deck boards for bracing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Sounds like a great project @mattstar. We look forward to seeing how it progresses. If you need a hand from the Workshop community, I'm sure members will be more than happy to help. I'd just suggest that you post specific questions, and preferably with photos wherever possible. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome. It's great to have you join us. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand with anything or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve the Workshop site for you.

Thanks,

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
Noah
Budding Contributor

Thats a mean looking table! Absolutely love it... What hardware did you use for attaching the legs?
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Great to see you join us and jump into a few different discussions @Noah. Welcome to the community! I'm sure @moshiach77 will be happy to get back to you about how they attached the table legs ASAP.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share. We look forward to reading all about your projects and future plans. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the Workshop site or have any feedback about how we can make it even more useful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects