Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can anyone help to identify the kitchen drawer tracks and know how to take the drawers off?

rickiel
Just Starting Out

Can anyone help to identify the kitchen drawer tracks and know how to take the drawers off?

Hi there, 

I'm new to the forum, so please let me know if this same topic has been discussed before. 

I have an old kitchen with one of the drawer recently damaged and needs repaired. However I have no luck to take the drawer out because I have never see this type of drawer track before. 

It would be really appreciate if anyone can let me know what kind of track is this and how can I take the drawer out completely. 

Thanks so much, 

Rick

96C0F4A3-A671-4BB8-BF15-6E9B1A0CBD2C.jpeg

1A1D8EAF-5A89-4E8B-893C-740BE435303A.jpeg

DC229F44-A737-4DE5-8BBE-F5DCFF887CCB.jpeg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Can anyone help to identify the kitchen drawer tracks and know how to take the drawers off?

Hi @rickiel 

Good photos :smile:

these  draws  must have some sort of  release to have installed them in fisrt place.

In your photos I think i am seeing a pin stopping the draw coming out  and a  pivit point with double lugs you may need to toggle to remove draw most likly on both sides of  draws.Pivit point and blocking pin?Pivit point and blocking pin?

Re: Can anyone help to identify the kitchen drawer tracks and know how to take the drawers off?

Hello @rickiel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's brilliant to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your kitchen drawer runners.

It's fantastic that you've received good advice from @Jewelleryrescue. Tipping the pivot locking pin up and over is exactly what you need to do in order to remove the drawer from the kitchen cabinet. It is a similar version of the Syneco 400mm White Drawer Slides except your one has a locking piece attached to it. 

I suggest bringing the entire drawer runner set to the store so that you can compare its thickness to modern drawer runners. It's important they are the same so that they will fit into the current gap between the cabinet and the drawer.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects