Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Community Manager

No problems @Baretta11. Thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
Kev
Budding Contributor

Hey everybody,
I'm Kev and I have a variety of skills.
I've replied to another post and joined the group.
I have extremely limited time in life as I work full time (Mon-Fri) and run a woodfired Pizza business on weekends (which normally takes up most of my spare time)
Lately, I've been repairing our investment unit (which our last tenants wrecked) - it is my 'Good Samaritan Tax' - we rented to a single mum with two kids, dropped the rent for her and didn't ask for a bond - BIG MISTAKE! Long story, short answer is it will cost us about $30k
But we live and we learn keep smiling for life is for enjoyment
As mentioned, I have a variety of skills, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering and general life skills.
Would love to have a major interaction with the group, but my belief is that I won't have much time to do so.
So, I'll have to cherry pick the posts to give my input and from time to time, ask questions from the group to improve my skillsets.
BTW, It's a snag sanger - Aussie way of life and supported by Bunnings and charity groups - so good to grab a snack on the weekends and continue rockin'
Cheers,
Kev

Community Manager

Many thanks for introducing yourself and another big welcome to you @Kev. We'd love to have you joining in the discussions and sharing your expertise as often as you can.

Looking forward to reading more about your projects.

Thanks again,

Jason

New Contributor

Hi Catherine here from WA I'm partially buying an ex homes west rental and need a labotamy. Barely able to keep up with maintenance, actually that's not true its lagging severely. Blessed with two children grown up. 3 by 1 brick and tile. I have heaps of tools from garage sales and stiff given to me but have no idea how to use them. ATM trying to hang doors, thought it was going to be easy. NO .... I bought 4 second hand doors. Long story short went to bunnings and bought new latches etc. I have everything but wood plane. Once I have my plane hoping this site will help. 

Community Manager

I'm sure the Workshop community will be more than happy to help with any advice you need @Catherine1. We have many members happy to share their experience and knowledge with others. Feel free to start a new discussion anytime you need a hand.

Thanks for introducing yourself. It's lovely to have you join us. Looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Welcome.

Jason

Welcome to Workshop

An online community for D.I.Y. and gardening discussion.

How to get started

Ask your D.I.Y. questions and share your projects. Our help section can show you how.

Join Workshop