Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What type of fake grass is best to have under an outdoor craft table?

Roze
Finding My Feet

What type of fake grass is best to have under an outdoor craft table?

I'm looking at putting fake grass on the ground, maybe on some sand, where I can do artwork on a table, or have the umbrella up and entertain friends. I 'd like to hose down the grass or sweep it clean and prefer if it didn't attract vermin, or too much heat on hot days. What is your experience for the best product at affordable cost?

I think I'd need enough for 16sq M.   Thanks, Roze.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What type of fake grass is best to have under an outdoor craft table?

Hi @Roze,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to Bunnings Workshop. We're thrilled to have you join the community and look forward to reading more about your crafts and all your other projects around the house and garden.

Can you please clarify whether you want to install permanent synthetic turf in this area or do you just want something to roll out when you are doing artwork?

Do you have any photos of the area so members can see what you are working with? Is it level?

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Roze 

The artificial turf comes in different styles and thicknesses. Because it is synthetic it will absorb the same amount of heat regardless of configuration. However, the thicker models will trap more debris than the low-level ones. I suggest visiting your local store and having a look at the available sets.

I believe that you should have a feel of the thickness of the material. This will give you a much better idea of how it imitates real turf. The low-level sets will of course be the easier ones to keep clean. As long as you keep the area clear of leftover food and animal poo your turf should be vermin free. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.     

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Roze
Finding My Feet

I'm planning to put the 'grass' down on a patch of bare dirt which will be fairly flat, and later perhaps take up the 'grass' and have a deck built in the space available. The grass matting won't need to be permanent, but practical.

Thanks for your comments. Roze.

Roze
Finding My Feet

Thanks Eric. I'll check it out.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects