Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What treated Pine for garden bed edging?

Yvonne79
Getting Established

What treated Pine for garden bed edging?

Hi, I was wondering what treated pine should be used for my in ground garden beds - I have read H3 is not suitable for in ground, could you confirm?

Thanks in advance,

Yvonne

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Treated pine garden bed edging

Hello @Yvonne79

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about what to use for your garden edging. 

I suggest using the 200 x 50mm 2.4m Sleeper H4 Treated Pine Sienna MicroPro. It uses an advance non-arsenic based preservative formulation and is ideal for landscaping, garden beds, parks and children's playgrounds. It is termite resistant and can be used for above and inground applications. The H3 timber is a treated timber, but is used only for exterior framing and is not meant to be used for inground applications. 

Here is a handy link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular raised garden beds

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your garden bed assembled.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Yvonne79
Getting Established

Re: Treated pine garden bed edging

Excellent, thanks a lot for your help Eric 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects