Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should I install backyard automatic irrigation?

GeoKoro13
Growing in Experience

Should I install backyard automatic irrigation?

Hi Everyone,

Last week I installed buffalo in my backyard (around 42 sq.m.). Please see layout attached.

As that's first time for me having grass, I'd like some of your input.

Do I need an automatic irrigation? 

Is it worthy for the size of my backyard?

Can someone suggest materials for an effective automatic irrigation system for the layout of my backyard?Backyard LayoutBackyard Layout

Cheers,

George.

jaiprak
Having an Impact

Re: Backyard Automatic Irrigation DIY

Suggest you to review https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Outdoor/How-many-sprinklers-do-I-need/m-p/144242#M19464

feel free to ask questions if you have after this.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Backyard Automatic Irrigation DIY

Hello @GeoKoro13 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's splendid to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about automatic irrigation for your lawn.

When it comes to watering your lawn, pop-up sprinklers are a great option, but they may not be suitable for you if you have low water pressure and a challenging lawn shape. 

However, there are options that you can consider. For instance, you could try using the Pope 50mm Precision Spray Pop Up Sprinkler With Variable Arc Nozzle These sprinklers have adjustable arcs and lets you control how much water is coming out. 

While the coverage may not be perfect, you can layout the sprinklers strategically to cover most of your lawn. You can test the system above ground before burying it to ensure that you have enough pressure to run all the sprinklers. 

Additionally, you can try adding Pope Half Circle Jet Spray sprinkler in the narrow gap in front of your deck. This small area will need to have its own loop as it will be operating at a much lower pressure. Be sure to connect all the pop up sprinklers in a loop to ensure consistent pressure to all sprinklers. 

I suggest having a look at these discussions to give you more ideas:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
GeoKoro13
Growing in Experience

Re: Should I install backyard automatic irrigation?

Hi @jaiprak and @EricL.

Thanks for your response. I didn’t have the time to go through all the reference posts in details but it looks that the topic has been answered before.

I’ll get back to you once I do more steps towards my small project.

Cheers

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Should I install backyard automatic irrigation?

Hi @GeoKoro13 

Please keep us in the loop, we look forward to seeing the start of your irrigation project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects