Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need wiring guidance for Delta security sensor

ADWilson23
Just Starting Out

Need wiring guidance for Delta security sensor

Am intending to install a Delta  PIR Security Sensor DET100. which has self contained sensor & LED light.

Wiring configuration has me puzzled.

My existing light power source is active & neutral with earth disconnected. Unit does not trigger, as previously, when configuration is confined to live & neutral only.

The PIR red wiring is a Switched active permanently wired to the fitting.

Wiring configuration seems to suggest that a neutral loop between Blue & red is required to activate device ?

There is no intention to connect other LOAD appliances only the self contained sensor/ light unit.

Grateful of any guidance.

Best Regards Alan.Delta DET100.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need wiring guidance for Delta security sensor

Hello @ADWilson23 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your security sensor.

In this particular instance, I suggest engaging the services of a registered electrician. The electrical wiring of this product must be done by an electrician. Incorrect wiring could lead to an electrical fault or worse. If the product is installed by an electrician, it will be to code and is covered under the electrician's warranty.

I also suggest having a look at this discussion - DIY electrical and why you should never attempt it by @CSParnell

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects