Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help identifying plant

pickle
Just Starting Out

Need help identifying plant

Hi, just wondering if anyone can identify this plant that has popped up in my garden.

56BAC374-62B6-4662-B754-72FEE7D3447F.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Need help identifying plant

Hello @pickle,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It's a pleasure having you join us and we hope you find the site a great resource for useful D.I.Y. and gardening advice and inspiring ideas. 

Thanks for your question. I'm sure our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be able to assist once he's back online later today. In the meantime, also tagging some of our experienced garden experts to see if they can help: @Noelle@Adam_W and @mich1972

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help identifying plant

Hello @pickle 

Thanks for sharing that photo of your plant. It looks like it's a Virginia Creeper (Parthenocissus tricuspidata), one of its identifying traits is its five-leaflet pattern. 

Virginia creeper leaves can irritate highly sensitive people. The berries are toxic to both people and pets, it is an invasive plant and I recommend removing it from your garden.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as garden gloves, and goggles when removing toxic plants. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects