Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to use liquid fertiliser attached to a hose?

JACKGE
Finding My Feet

How to use liquid fertiliser attached to a hose?

I have good connectors (no leaks) but I find it distributes about 1/3 of the bottle & that's it..After that I feel I'm just wasting water.  Must be a trick....any advice??

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does anyone have sucess with liquid fertiliser attached to a hose

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JACKGE. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about distributing liquid fertilisers.

Is there a specific product you're having difficulty with? Over the years, I've used various hose applicators for different products, including fertilisers, and in the vast majority of cases, they've distributed the product correctly. Some of these applicators feature a vent hole that must be covered to allow the formula to be siphoned out. If the applicator you're using has one of these holes and you're not covering it, that could be a reason why the whole bottle is not being distributed.

Once we know the exact product you're using I'd be more than happy to contact the supplier after the weekend to troubleshoot what is going wrong with it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Mitchell,

Still an epic fail.  I am using Seasol & attached pics. I don't appear to have the straw mentioned, but hoping I can replace it with a WD40 straw..just don't know where to stick it :smile: lol!!

Any advice wld be great.

20240405_102928.jpg

20240405_102900.jpg

20240405_102917.jpg

20240405_102910.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JACKGE,

If the straw is not installed, that would be the issue. If you remove the cap, under that larger hole, there will be a hole to push the straw into. The straw  dips down into the solution and draws it up to the nozzle.

Mitchell

Thx Mitch....worked like a treat 😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Terrific @JACKGE.

Well done; I'm so pleased to hear that worked for you. Happy gardening.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects