Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat white spots on lilly pillys leaves?

katherineye
Finding My Feet

How to treat white spots on lilly pillys leaves?

Hello, I was wondering what I can do to help my lilly pillys that have with spots on the leafs. 

Thank you so much for your help

IMG_5657.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: white spots on lilly pillys leafs

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @katherineye. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Lilly Pilly care.

That appears like it could be powdery mildew, and you could apply Yates 200ml Liquid Copper Fungicide to try and control it. Let me mention a couple of our knowledgeable gardening enthusiasts, @Noelle and @mich1972, to get their thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning @katherineye, sending you a Spring Welcome to the Community Workshop. Thank you for sharing your question about your Lilly Pilly leaves. Two things that come to mind when I look at this. 
The first thing is, hard water stains ( calcium) ) in your water. This is quite common. Does not kill the plant just looks milky. 
The second is Powdery Mildew, but I’m not sure if it is. I will wait to see what @Noelle  thinks when she sees it. If it is Powdery mildew then @MitchellMc has given great advice 😃

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That was my first thought, too, @katherineye. The marks look rather like residual salts or water stains. Have you been spraying any other products over the plants recently?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc Agreed Mitch, I think that’s what it is. 

Thank you so much for you replies.. I haven’t but the place where I bought them probably did. They told me that the white spots were going to disappear but it didn’t.  

There is any way that I could try to clean the leaf so I can have a better look if there is just water stain? Thank you for your help 

@katherineye  Use a damp cloth with some vinegar on it and wipe over. Make sure you do it at night or early morning, never in the heat of the day 😃

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

I have to agree with you both, @MitchellMc and @mich1972   Definitely not fungal 🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects