Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat a sick weeping lilly pilly?

fan12345
Getting Established

How to treat a sick weeping lilly pilly?

Hi guys

My weeping Lilly Pilly leaves are discolouring and tree not looking healthy.  Wondering if a fungal attack ??

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6977.jpeg

IMG_6976.jpeg

wooshka
Making a Splash

Re: weeping lilly pilly sick

Hi @fan12345 , doesnt look fungal to me, looks more like a mite burrowing into the leaves, hit it with something like this https://www.bunnings.com.au/eco-organic-garden-500ml-eco-oil-concentrate_p2960092, will do the trick i think.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @fan12345 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your Lilly Pilly.

I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to diagnose and revive a sick Lilly Pilly by @Noelle. In it you'll find the basic steps you need to take in order to diagnose what's going on with your plant.

It looks like the attack on the leaves appear to be uniform in nature. It might be an insect infestation. I suggest using Eco-Organic Garden 500ml Eco-Oil Concentrate as recommended by @wooshka. Please note that it is a concentrate and must be diluted.

Let me call on our experienced members @Noelle and @mich1972 for their recommendations.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and an appropriate mask when using the Eco-Oil. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
fan12345
Getting Established

Thanks Eric will give it a go !

fan12345
Getting Established

Thanks Wooshka

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning @fan12345 Looks like a Mites infestation. @wooshka and @EricL have given great advice 😊 Good luck with treating them

fan12345
Getting Established

Thanks Mich

Taken everyone advice and sprayed with eco oil.  Will update outcome in a couple of weeks 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects