Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop garden edging rotting?

acolman
Just Starting Out

How to stop garden edging rotting?

I have Installed Ezy Edge garden edging 2 years ago. All the panels are rotting where they meet the ground.

The current Bunnings website describes them as ""Treated" but these are clearly not, just raw pine.

I have some spare panels

Any solution?

²

20231130_145722.jpg

20231130_145741.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop garden edging rotting?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @acolman.

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with your garden edging. The Rolapak Ezy Edge range is treated with CCA- Copper chrome arsenate, and you should expect many years (10-15) out of the product before it gets to this condition. This kind of decay is not something you should see within two years. I'd be happy to facilitate a return on the product as something is amiss with the treatment applied, and Lattice Makers, the supplier, has not received any similar feedback.

You shouldn't need to apply any additional treatment to the product, but if you wish to, you could paint the half buried in the ground with water-based bitumen paint. However, I think the best solution here would be to return the faulty product and pick up a new one with sufficient treatment. 

I'll reach out via private message to assist you with your return.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects