Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to set a Click 24/7 Digital Timer?

Michael100
Getting Established

How to set a Click 24/7 Digital Timer?

I am experiencing difficulty setting a "Click 24/7 Digital Timer".  I want it to start 5:00 pm each day and off at 5:03 pm. 
It will turn on a pump attached to a water tank and deliver water right round our gardens front and back. I have had it operating for over ten years and it worked wonderfully well until the timer packed up. I have a new timer and cannot set it up correctly. I have taken it with the instructions back to my local Bunnings and requested assistance on three separate occasions. Each time I have taken it home it did not work. The last time was this morning and mid afternoon I discovered my garden well watered, no water in the tank and pump still running and two hours before it should start up.
I now know I should have set it up inside the house on a lamp instead of the pump.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 16.11.17.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 16.11.30.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Click 24/7 Digital Timer

Hello @Michael100 

Thanks for sharing your question about your digital timer. I'm in total agreement with your idea. I propose doing a lamp test to make sure that the unit is working properly. I suggest pressing the master clear to remove all residual programming left in the unit. 

Once the timer is clear of any programs, place a specific time for the unit to turn on and off. If it works properly, I recommend doing it at least three times more just to make sure that it was not a fluke. If all the other times work properly then you'll know that the timer is working properly.

However, if it fails or becomes erratic, I suggest bringing it back to the store along with your docket for an exchange. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects