Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive an infected lawn?

abiej
Just Starting Out

How to revive an infected lawn?

7E8B45F9-A082-4163-83AE-243D5CC22A53.jpeg

Hi there, my lawn is in poor health and I want to slowly nurse it back to normal starting with this. I see a lot of these patches all across my lawn and I’m wondering what this is and how do I fix it please?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: infected lawn, how do i fix it?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @abiej. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about reviving a lawn.

If you could let our helpful members know a bit more about your whole lawn, they would be better positioned to offer solutions. We can certainly deal with these spots, but by the look of them, it might be best to discuss the lawn as a whole. Could we see some images of the entire lawn and some closeups of the healthy sections?

I'd encourage you to read through these helpful guides: How to repair a lawn and How to detect lawn problems

First, I'd address the weeds in your lawn with a selective weedkiller like Yates 250ml BuffaloPro Selective Bindii And Broadleaf Weed Killer Concentrate. You can then aerate these particularly bad sections to open up the soil. Apply some topdress to these areas and then apply seed or lay turf. I can see what looks to be remnants of Buffalo. You won't find seeds for Buffalo, so you'll need to use turf. 

If you see many areas like the picture above, it's a good indicator that your whole lawn needs aerating and fertilisation. I look forward to seeing those other photos and assisting further.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects