Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove blades and shaving plate from Ryobi Crushing Shredder?

PermaCultured
Finding My Feet

How to remove blades and shaving plate from Ryobi Crushing Shredder?

Hi,

I need to remove the cutting blades and shaving plate from the Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S, so that I can perform maintenance on it. The manual just shows some arrows indicating that it is pulled off, however I cannot pull either off.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S - How to remove cutter blades and shaving plate?

Hi @PermaCultured 

After looking at the user manual assuming we are on the same page of the manual as each other on  Page 12  drawing 2 shows a fluted locking knob just behind / under/ near the handle for opening the access to cutting blades  pull plug out of the wall before accessing this area.

Open  lock  knob anti clockwise to open.

Good luck.  Stay safe.

Re: Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S - How to remove cutter blades and shaving plate?

It would be on page 21 of the manual, step 3.

Hi @PermaCultured 

I hope  the info worked for you?  clearly online royobi  gave me a pdf  manual  with different page drawing  numbering all that matters is you succeed at your task.  :smile:

Nope, as stated, the manual shows the blade assembly coming off, but how, is the question?

Hi @PermaCultured 

Try  this you tube see it it is your same machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7wNxn2TaUk

Unfortunately it does not show how to remove the cutting blades.

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to remove cutter blades and shaving plate from cutting shredder?

Hello @PermaCultured

Thank you for your question. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc is helping members during this unusually busy period on the site and will be happy to provide his thoughts on how to remove the cutting blades as soon as he can. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're delighted to have you join us. Do let me know if you need a hand getting the most out of the site. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @PermaCultured,

The cutting blades are a press fit on the driveshaft; it pulls directly off. If you cannot pull it off with a gloved hand as per the instructions, then I'd suggest you apply a liberal amount of lubricating spray around the shaft and allow it to penetrate for 24 hours before trying again. The cutter blades are

extremely sharp. Exercise extreme caution and care when cleaning or working near the blades to avoid injury. Always wear non-slip, heavy-duty protective gloves.

If you continue having issues, a gear puller might be needed.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects