Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaning Colorbond fence?

Rafaela
Finding My Feet

How to fix a leaning Colorbond fence?

20230422_142821.jpg

Just wondering if we could DIY this or if we need an expert. Colorbond fence is leaning. It's on a slope and with time water has washed away dirt exposing the post set. Should we just replace the middle post or do we need to add sleepers to the bottom of the fence?

20230427_131554.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a leaning Colorbond fence?

Hello @Rafaela 

I'm afraid that this repair job is a bit more involved than just replacing the concrete footing of the fence. If the soil erosion caused by rainwater is not fixed, it will eat away the soil and the concrete footing will get exposed and sink again. 

The footing level of your fence must be brought back to its original height. A brick or concrete fence could be built to even up the footing of the fence. But it must be protected from soil erosion as well.

I suggest looking carefully at the current condition of the land and finding out where the water is coming from. I then suggest thinking about putting in drainage in that area so that the soil along your fence line is not disturbed. 

Once you have a plan on paper, I recommend getting a quote from a tradesperson so that you can budget for the repair.    

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects