Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to care for plants that are dying?

kanethegee
Just Starting Out

How to care for plants that are dying?

Hi There,

Can anybody here please help me out i have a few plants at home that are dying and I'm unsure how to revive them i have 1 jeepers creepers plant some of its leaves have fallen off and become extremely dry. It has 2 little vines that split off from one another one is okay and has nice green leaves the other one has turned brown and the leaves have started to crumble and fall off as if it has dried out.

I also have a golden Allusion well i think it is if its not its very similar to this plant, It had white bugs that resembled woolly things on it so i sprayed it with some insect repellant that i was recommended now the plant has a lot of brownish dead leaves I'm unsure if this plant can be saved but please advise if it can be saved.

I also have a chicken fern that has the same wooly white bugs on it i have not sprayed this one but his leaves and branches are a little droopy.

Please advise on the best ways to care for these 3 plants as me and my partner have just started a plant journey and would like to get more plants but if we cant properly care for these 3 then I'm not sure if we should have plants.

Thanks.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to care for plants that are dying?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kanethegee. We're pleased to have you join us. 

Anyone can care for plants! But some plants can be trickier than others to care for, especially if the conditions aren't suitable for them. 

I would encourage you to start with the guide How to diagnose a sick plant.  

Then you might like to come back to us with some photos of each of your struggling plants and a little more detail on their growing conditions and the care you have been providing such as watering and feeding.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I am terrible with plants and its my first time trying to care for them

Hi @kanethegee 

Don't be disheartened, you're just at the start of your journey! Plant care is a step-by-step process and as your knowledge increases, you'll get a better idea of how to care for your plants. But let's concentrate on what you have at the moment. A photo of the plants would definitely help us with diagnosis. 

Where the plants are located, how often you water them and the type of insecticide you used will help us figure out what's going on. Any extra information you can share about your plants would be very much appreciated.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects