Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a rental-friendly entertainment area?

marianne1
Finding My Feet

How to build a rental-friendly entertainment area?

Hi. Im moving into a rental property with a huge clean backyard. It’s on a corner with only a low cyclone fence so hasn’t any privacy. I would like to make an oasis for relaxing and entertaining with shade, flooring, a bbq, seating, greenery and lighting. Obviously this would need approval from my landlord. Im really not sure where to start and have been researching images. This would have to be removable. The flooring and shade are my biggest concerns. Can anyone help?  TIA

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to build a rental-friendly entertainment area?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @marianne1. It's great to have you join us and I trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration from our amazing members.

Do you have any photos of the backyard that you could share so members can see what you are working with and make more specific and helpful recommendations?

A good place to start might be @Adam_W's How to plan a garden makeover. It will certainly be important to put together a wish list - how you would like to use the space.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good afternoon @marianne1 

A blankslate to start with ohhhh yeah! Any chance of some photos of the area? :smile: (I know @Jason has asked as well) We may come up with options that are non permanant and non lasting (kills grass ect) 

Welcome to Bunnings community, I find its a nice place to stoll through, only downside is I end up with too many ideas! 

Dave

I’ll send them through as soon as I get the chance. I get the keys Friday 🤗

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @marianne1 

What an exciting project to be undertaking. A picture would definitely help our members assess the area. We can then make recommendations on how to revamp the area.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects