Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach green tree webbing to timber garden stakes?

learntofix
Finding My Feet

How to attach green tree webbing to timber garden stakes?

In recent heavy winds our 2m high Pittosporum trees have leaned forward quite a bit

. I bought 25x 25mm x 1500mm tall timber stakes and heavy duty tree webbing. I dont want to spend on a staple gun (reviews say the cheapest one keeps jamming). Suggestions please for a reliable way to fasten webbing to the stakes.

Or maybe i should use the non heavy duty webbing- it is narrower and can be tied instead of stapled. 

Thank you . 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to attach green tree webbing to timber garden stakes?

Hi @learntofix,

Apologies for the slow reply. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert Mitch wasn't able to be on the site over the weekend so we are a little behind on our replies. 

Let me tag the ever-helpful @Noelle and @mich1972 for their thoughts on ensuring your trees have the support they need without suffering any damage.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning @learntofix Im not sure which one you are talking about. If possible when you have time, can you please share a couple of pictures of the webbing you have. Thank you 😊 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @learntofix,

Are you not able to tie the heavy-duty webbing? You could potentially pop a few small screws through it into the stake if tieing is not an option and you don't want to purchase a staple gun. There are staple nails, but they would be hard to hammer into an upright hardwood garden stake.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects