Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to a revive a blueberry that has lost its leaves?

sandeepsmehta
Just Starting Out

How to a revive a blueberry that has lost its leaves?

Hello,

I am from Western Sydney. We have a blueberry plant about 2 years old purchased from Bunnings Blacktown. We planted this small plant straight into the garden bed which grew well over a year to start giving flowers. Last year, Flowers did develop into raw green fruits but then not fully into riped fruit. After this the leaves started falling. This is when we transferred carefully back into the pot with lots of potting mix and acidic pH close to 4 - 3.5. This was done in Jan 2024. After few days, most of the remaining leaves have turned brown and fallen off. Side stems have turned brown as well. Moisture and pH levels are ok. Pot is kept in part shade as written on the plant card. 

Will this plant grow back leaves? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: blueberry - all leaves shedded

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sandeepsmehta. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Blueberry care.

It's hard to provide an informed response without seeing the actual state of the plant. If you can upload an image of the plant, that would assist our members when providing advice. Let me know if you need a hand uploading an image.

A pH of 3.5 is a bit outside their tolerable zone, with 4-5 being ideal. Here's a helpful guide: How to grow Blueberries.

From your description, it doesn't sound great, and I can only presume the plant is on its way out. I'm so sorry, but if there are no signs of life or green material, then it would most probably be past saving.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects