Workshop
Ask a question

How to grow coriander?

balaji27
Building a Reputation

How to grow coriander?

Hello Team,

I would like to grow Corianders (we use it regularly in our cooking) - I tried several times with the seeds, it starts growing but falls & dies after a bit of growth (due to its thin stems). Would you please guide me on growing coriander plant, how to water, maintain, should I grow inside the house to prevent from heavy wind etc.?

Thanks & regards Balaji.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Coriander Plant

Hi @balaji27,

If coriander seedlings are falling over, it could be due to inadequate sunlight, causing them to stretch out in search of light and subsequently topple. Adjusting the light conditions can help prevent this issue. It's a very common issue with coriander when light is not optimal.

To grow coriander successfully, choose a location with well-drained soil and partial shade to full sun, especially if heavy winds are a concern. Plant coriander seeds directly in the garden or in containers, ensuring they're spaced adequately and sown at the right depth. Water consistently to keep the soil moist but not waterlogged, and mulch to retain moisture and suppress weeds. Harvest leaves when the plant reaches around 120mm in height, and fertilise every 4-6 weeks for healthy growth. Indoors, ensure sufficient sunlight or use grow lights. 

Here's a helpful guide: How to grow coriander.

If you've tried several times to grow from seed, it might be an idea to consider purchasing some established seedlings and growing them on from there.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
balaji27
Building a Reputation

Re: Coriander Plant

Great thanks @MitchellMc , it motivates me to do it again. I will follow as you guided and will give you an update.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects