Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to store stand-up paddle board in garage?

Kimmyoates
Getting Established

How to store stand-up paddle board in garage?

Hi,  I'm looking for ideas to create wall storage in garage for Stand up paddleboard.

Board is inflatable so not very heavy, but would like to keep inflated throughout spring and summer.  Ideally some sort of hooks that could swing against the wall when not in use.

Thanks in advance

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to store stand-up paddle board in garage?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kimmyoates. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about storing a paddle board.

What about something like the Pinnacle Gloss Black Wide Range Tool Holder or Pinnacle Gloss Black Large Tool Holder? The hooks can be folded up when not in use. You'd still need some way of pinning the board against the wall so it won't fall forward. That could be done by installing a screw eye bolt above the board and running an octopus strap from it down to the tool holder.

Let me mention a couple of our knowledgeable members, @TedBear and @Dave-1, to see if they have any thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community @Kimmyoates. I trust you get loads of inspiration and advice from our wonderful members.

I would recommend you check out this recent discussion kicked off by @janiepalmer - How to create pulley system to store paddle board?

It might give some further ideas to what Mitch has suggested. 

Jason

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Afternoon @Kimmyoates 

I liked @MitchellMc's ideas, they definently would work.

The idea that popped into my head straight up considering how light the paddleboard is-

A couple of pieces of timber say 70mm *35mm by 600mm long ish mounted verticaly. Then drill some 25mm holes at a 30deg angle so that the 25mm dowl will look like a hook when inserted into them so that the paddleboard rests lying down on the upward hooks.

Dave.

Kimmyoates
Getting Established

Thanks very much to everyone for your great ideas.  We love the idea of a bracket on the wall that can swivel out of the way when not in use.

Hi @Kimmyoates,

Just to confirm, would the foldaway bracket linked above work, or were you looking for a more specific swivel out-of-the-way type bracket?

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Mitchell

Hi Michael, we went and looked at the bracket mentioned, unfortunately it would not have worked but it did inspire us to look further to find a wall mounted swivel more u shape bracket.  Thanks to everyone for all your help 

Thanks for letting us know @Kimmyoates

I'm sure other members would love to see it installed.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects