Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal garden shed plywood floor?

goddardgeoff01
Finding My Feet

How to seal garden shed plywood floor?

Good morning Legends, 

Looking for some advice please, I recently build a timber frame and boarded it with 12mm ply as a floor for a garden shed. Although the timber is all treated I still want to paint the interior floor with some sort of waterproofing and to help with cleanups etc. 

Was thinking of using Crommelin 4L Blackseal Heavy Duty Bitumen Waterproofing Membrane however noted that is says for non-traffic areas. 

Any thoughts on an alternative product that I could use? 

Cheers Geoff

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to seal garden shed plywood floor?

Hello @goddardgeoff01 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your garden shed flooring.

I suggest having a look at Cabot's 4L Deep Base Timbercolour Deck And Exterior Paint. It's self-priming, provides UV protection and is dirt and mould resistant. Being a decking paint, it is designed to withstand people walking over it. It can be tinted in various colours and since it is water-based clean-up is relatively easy.

Another option is to line your shed floor with Vinyl flooring or Hybrid waterproof flooring. Both these floor coverings come in various designs. I suggest visiting your local store so that you can see what's available.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Afternoon Eric, 

Thanks for the welcome and cheers on the suggestion. I recon the Cabots Timbercolour would be the way to go. 

Will pop past the local store and grab a tin this arvo. 

Thanks again and take care, 

Geoff

Hi @goddardgeoff01 

I'm glad my suggestion helped. Please don't forget to post a photo update of your shed. I'm sure our members will be keen to see what it looks like. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Hi @EricL 

Paint will go on this arvo however here are some shots of tht work in progress.

Thanks again, 

Geoff

IMG_1749.jpgIMG_1752.jpgIMG_1785.jpgIMG_1787.jpgIMG_1860.jpgIMG_1861.jpgIMG_1862.jpgIMG_1863.jpg

Hello @goddardgeoff01 

Thanks for sharing photos of your shed. That timber base looks fantastic and very well built. My best advice is to mask the sides of the inside of the shed with painter's tape to prevent the paint from going onto your newly built shed when you paint the floor. 

Looking forward to your next update.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects