Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install temporary flooring to convert rumpus into a study room?

stefaniamt16
Just Starting Out

How to install temporary flooring to convert rumpus into a study room?

Hi All, I would like to convert the rumpus into a study room. The size is 7.5 x 3.5 m and the floor is currently concrete. I would like to install something that I can take when I move out of the (rented) property and that will not leave marks/damage the original concrete floor. I plan to have office chair so I may need something that will not be damaged with the chair wheels. Low/medium budget. Thanks in advance for any recommendation you can give me.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install temporary (because rented) flooring to convert rumpus into a study room

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @stefaniamt16. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about flooring options.

Vinyl sheet flooring would likely be the most budget-friendly solution, with options like Senso 2m Practica Rustic Wood Wide Vinyl Sheet being very cost-effective. Typically it should be glued down for permanent installation, but you could use double-sided tape for a temporary solution. 

Laminate flooring would come in at a close second price-wise, and although it would be more work to install, it will give a more premium result.

Interlocking foam mats could also be an option that would be extremely easy to install and remove when you leave.

You should also consider large rugs that could be used instead of actual flooring. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects