Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to choose clamps?

Tyro
Becoming a Leader

How to choose clamps?

There are too many clamps to choose from!  😖  I'm starting off my journey into diy-ing with basic outdoor plant stands and a trellis or two, but I have future plans for furniture (chairs, crafting  worktable).  Unable to see myself using any timber thicker than 20mm. 

Can anyone suggest a durable clamp that doesn't rust or break?  And what is the most versatile type?  

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Clamps

Hi @Tyro,

I've found that 300mm Irwin Quick Grips are able to work well on most of my projects. They are easy and quick to use and provide adequate force. If you need more force, such as when you are trying to pull a joint together when glueing, then you might like to also pick up a couple of F Clamps. I have a variety of other clamps, including G style, but I've found the Quick Grip clamps to be the most versatile overall and easiest to use.

Let me mention a few of our members @Renowayoflife, @prettyliving and @lifestylebymari to see if they have any thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Thanks Mitchell!  I've yet to buy the Irwin brand so your positive experience gives me confidence in them!

Cheers!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I have bought the more budget-friendly quick grip clamps in the past @Tyro, but I won't be again, as although they are cheaper, they are also far inferior to the Irwin variety.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Good to know! Thanks Mitchell!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects