Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a DIY golf simulator screen enclosure?

Alanpm
Just Starting Out

How to build a DIY golf simulator screen enclosure?

Alanpm_0-1691390233794.pngany ideas where i can purchase this type of thing in Australia and pipe/tube to build a frame ?? Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to building a DIY golf simulator screen enclosure?

Hello @Alanpm 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about building a D.I.Y golf simulation screen enclosure.

I'm sorry but Bunnings currently doesn't stock a flat roof corner fitting. But I've passed your feedback on to our merchandise team.

The good news is that you can still build your screen enclosure by using the ARC Fences 25 / 25mm NB Corner Gate And Fence Fitting. It is fully galvanized and is built to withstand rough use. I also suggest having a look at the Australian Handyman Supplies 25nb x 2.16m Extra Light Galvanised Pipe to create the framework for the enclosure.

Let me call on our experienced members @TedBear, @JoeAzza and @Dave-1 for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to building a DIY golf simulator screen enclosure?

Hi @Alanpm , here is another type of base that may be useful for your project, these bases are used for temporary fence set up.

You could set these bases up with the mesh fence for your golf simulator.

JoeAzza_0-1691408403152.png

JoeAzza_0-1691408880618.png

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to build a DIY golf simulator screen enclosure?

Morning Alan @Alanpm 

Sorry mate, I've never swung a golf club in my life. So, this enclosure, it's sorta like a soccer goal post that you hit a 'soft' ball into? Hence you need the sides?

I'm just assuming you want it to be light and able to be assembled and disassembled in minutes?

Googling - I did see mention of a PVC design...

Capture2.PNG

You could also go for a non-structural wood design?

But steel - I couldn't fabricate that corner for $6.95. It would be too industrial and heavy I think - but it could be done. 😁

20230808_082916.jpg

Otherwise I notice one site suggests getting those connectors from places like tarpaulin and marquee companies.

https://golfstead.com/how-to-build-a-diy-golf-simulator

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers!

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good morning @Alanpm 

Welcome as well to the community :smile: I havnt seen anything like this that has stuck in my head.

Is it a permanant structure you could install? My thoughts head towards timber, in parcticular an empty timber rectangular framed box maybe 500mm deep. :smile: Could even put wheels on the bottom so you could park it out of the way when not in use. 

A fabricator may be able to help you out with welding pipe if you dont have access to a welder. For part of my job I get to cruise around industrial estae areas, so many business's that exist and usually at least one metal fabricator in amongst them.

I just had a search for clip together pipe fittings and realised Bunnings have Gal pipe fittings

Or if you want something a little more light weight you could go Conduit fittings 

If you use the gal pipe they also sell threaders for the metal pipe so you can make the lengths to suit.

If you use pvc conduit then instead of glueing everthing permantly you could glue eietehr end of teh frame but the long lengths in between just slot them in and drill a hole through the pipe and fitting. Then you could put a pin/bolt with a butterfly nut, to hold it in.(You could go the route of 50mm conduit if you wanted the structure to be more ridgid)

Dave

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Alanpm , I have just seen this on a Bunnings website, it’s a soccer goal net made from pvc pipe and bird netting, maybe you could modify the design to suit your needs

https://click.emails.bunnings.com.au/?qs=60857336e802b188e88e66a62c7761ca477d298672486779f000d5dbe7f...

JoeAzza_0-1691654585931.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects