Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix low water flow from shower hot water tap?

jmac
Just Starting Out

How to fix low water flow from shower hot water tap?

I have taken apart and cleaned my ceramic hot water shower tap.  I put the tap back together and after re-filling the h/w service I can't get any substatial water to flow from the tap to the shower head.  Any suggestions as to what I may have done to cause this??

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: low water flow from shower hot water tap

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jmac. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about ceramic taps.

To what extent did you take apart the tap? Did you disassemble all the internal components of the spindle? I can't really think of a reason why you would only have partial flow unless the spindle was damaged in the process or became blocked.

Could you share some images of the spindle from all angles and of looking down into it at the ceramic valve end? Let me know if you need a hand uploading photos.

Is the hot water now running as before on other taps in the home?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the reply Mitchell.  The tap has started running again, but alas it is still leaking.   I have taken a photo of the tap set and I will be removing the single today and hopefully I am able to buy the ceramic disc set to replace the existing.  Cheers.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jmac,

Keep us in the loop if you require further assistance, more than happy to help.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects