Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix leaking laundry taps?

ron60
Finding My Feet

How to fix leaking laundry taps?

Hi. I can't seem to stop these older style double outlet laundry tsps from leaking. Is there an easy solution or a replacement kit available?

20240504_080342.jpg

20240504_080333.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: laundry taps

Hi @ron60,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is great to have you with us.

I'll start by saying that plumbing is a licensed and regulated industry and if you are not confident in the repair, it may be worth contacting a plumber.

It is likely that you will need to replace the washers as they will degrade over time. Something like the FIX-A-TAP Soft Turn Tap Valve Repair Kit will usually be what's required for this repair.

I suggest removing the existing washer and taking it in store to match up with the new ones. I am sure the helpful team members at your local store would be happy to help.

Have a look at this handy guide on How to replace a tap washer from my colleague @EricL for some guidance.

Let me know if you require any further assistance.

Jacob

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Afternoon @ron60 

Any chance of red arrowing your photos above, showing exactly where the leaks are?

Cheers!

ron60
Finding My Feet

Will folloe up at Bunnings store. Thx for response.

Thx for response. Issue has been resolved.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ron60,

Let me know if there's anything else you require help with moving forward.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects