Workshop
Ask a question

How to set up laundry sink plumbing with washing machine waste?

sensitive_tofu
Just Starting Out

How to set up laundry sink plumbing with washing machine waste?

IMG_0901.jpeg

IMG_0420.jpeg

I got someone to rip the laundry out and have been left with this. The backboard also looks like it’s rotting. Would be grateful for any advice. Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to set up laundry sink plumbing with washing machine waste

Hello @sensitive_tofu 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your laundry set up.

My first suggestion is to cover the waste pipe with a plastic bag and hold it in place with a rubber band or sticky tape. This will prevent the sewer gasses from travelling into your laundry room. Next, I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to plan a laundry renovation by @Adam_W

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration - Top 10 most popular laundry projects.

Before calling in any of the trades, I suggest planning out the steps for your laundry renovation. Does it need new flooring? Will you be replacing the plaster wall? Are your taps leaking and do they need to be fixed first? These are just some of the things you'll need to consider before you start your renovation. 

But in regards to the plumbing it's probable that the plumber will use a Caroma 50mm White Combination S And P Traps With Dishwasher Connection and connect it to the laundry tub of your choice.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects