Workshop
Ask a question

Can i use screed to set around crazy paving on a bathroom floor?

Juanessa
Finding My Feet

Can i use screed to set around crazy paving on a bathroom floor?

Can I use screed as a layer to set my crazy paving Stone in my bathroom. 

20240504_135423.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: can i use screed to set around crazy paving on a bathroom floor

Hi @Juanessa,

Thank you for your question about crazy pavers and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it's great to have you with us.

Is the question on whether you can use screed as an adhesive to set the pavers in place? Or is it whether you can use screed to fill the gaps between the pavers like you would with grout?

Screed is a sand and cement product used to create an artificial fall in wet areas to direct water flow towards a drain. So, in either application that i have mentioned above, screed should not be used.

For setting the pavers in place you should use a tile adhesive such as Dunlop 2kg Tile-All Tile Adhesive.  

For grouting between the crazy pavers, you should use a wide joint grout such as Dunlop 15kg Mid Grey Wide Joint Grout.

If this is not the reason for your question, please let me know so I can provide further assistance.

Jacob

Re: can i use screed to set around crazy paving on a bathroom floor

Yes it was to fill in the tiles, like grout. So do not use screed for this. Thank you.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects