Workshop
Ask a question

How to tighten towel bar?

rohitbudhiraja
Getting Established

How to tighten towel bar?

1000025465.jpg

1000025463.jpg

I need assistance with tightening the towel bar in the bathroom. There are no visible screws to remove or tighten the bar.

Thanks

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tighten Towel Bar

Hi @rohitbudhiraja,

Thank you for your question on tightening the towel rail in your bathroom.

Can you advise in what way the towel rail is loose? Is it the horizontal bar that is loose? Or is it the two connections to the walls?

Not being familiar with your particular towel rail, my assumption would be that there is a way to remove the horizontal rail, allowing for the removal of a piece, which conceals screws inside the brackets that connect to the wall.

You should investigate the areas that I have circled below.

There may be a grub screw on the horizontal rail that can be removed allowing the rail to be removed. I have circled this in the first image.

After this, I suspect that the bracket attached to the wall will have a cover plate that can be removed by gently levering with a small flathead screwdriver. I have circled the areas you should investigate in the second image.

If the towel rail's attachment to the wall is loose, you may need to replace the anchors that the brackets are screwed into.

If you are able to get to this point and can show what lies beneath, I am happy to provide more assistance.

Jacob

Thanks Jacob for a detailed explanation.

Upon closer examination, the round knob-like structures on the connector which sits between the horizontal bar and the connector on wall are screws which hides the screws that tightens the frame.

Thanks

Hi @rohitbudhiraja,

I'm glad to hear you've had some success.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects