Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry reno (Iso project)

Jimi
Making a Splash

Laundry reno (Iso project)

AfterAfterBeforeBefore

After ripping out the old sink cupboard and wall tiles, I decided to utilise all space available in the Laundry to make it a productive and enjoyable space. From Bunnings I got the Flatpax cupboards, subway tiles and grout, whilst the bench top and shelves I utilised a local cabinet maker to match the bench tops with what I have in my study. The complete project cost approx $1300 (not including the washing machine upgrade) and my wife is loving the two laundry chutes.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry Reno (Iso project)

Hi Jimi.

What an enormous transformation that was! The new layout looks extremely functional and must make it a pleasure to be utilising the space.

Many thanks for sharing your laundry reno as I'm sure it will inspire many community members with the results.

Well done on a fantastic finish and we look forward to seeing the next project around your home or garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mickmack33
Getting Established

Re: Laundry reno (Iso project)

My partner & I are doing some reno work & this effort has given us some inspiration. Beautiful, simple & fresh.

Thanks for sharing your iso project Jimi, it's pretty schmick!

Welcome to the Workshop community @mickmack33.

It's fantastic to have you join us and I'm sure @Jimi appreciates your feedback! I trust you'll find loads of other inspirational projects contributed by our community members for around your home and garden. If you ever need assistance or have something to share with the community please let us know.

Mitchell

Katbru
Growing in Experience

Looks fabulous Jimi. I especially like that you've added that storage up top above the counter space. Very smart look all round. Congrats. 

Husband and I talk about doing something like this, but I notice there's a difference between talking and actually doing. ! :smile: 

This might be the inspiration we need. 

Thanks.

Katbru
Growing in Experience

By the way, did you get those cupboards up top from Bunnings also? 

SuzieA
Getting Established

your  Laundry  is  exactly  the  way  I think  all  laundries  should  be,  as a  starting point -  a  long bench.  It is also  why I prefer  front  loading washers.  A  long  bench  and  plenty  of  built in storage  allows all  the  laundry  products to be hidden way.  And  space  on the bench  to get things done.

My  long bench  arrangement is very similar to  yours.

Except   I went  for a stone bench top  to  match  the  adjacent  kitchen. 

I love  the  look of your bench - the  timber  looks  perfect  and  your  tile  choice  is  excellent. too.

Designers  of  Project homes please take  note.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Katbru,

Let me mention @Jimi to see if they are able to answer your question for you.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @SuzieA,

Let me mention @Jimi so they are alerted to your kind feedback as I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Mitchell

Jimi
Making a Splash

@SuzieA 

Thanks Suzie! The long bench top allows a place to fold clothes (instead of using the spare room that will be soon for a second little one on the way). Thankfully behind the entrance door to the laundry there is a broom cupboard, otherwise this design would benefit by including a tall cupboard space.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects