Workshop
Ask a question

How to install a ceiling heater in a bathroom with minimal cavity?

Karen320
Finding My Feet

How to install a ceiling heater in a bathroom with minimal cavity?

I want to install a heating light in my bathroom but don't have sufficient cavity to install it in the ceiling. Under floor heating is not an option. Would appreciate insights on alternative ways to heat this 6m2 room?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing a ceiling heater in a bathroom with minimal cavity

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Karen320. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about bathroom heating.

You might like to consider Heatstrips in your bathroom. Unlike the older styles, the sleek black or white design has no visible halogen globes or elements and would be a great solution to your issue. They come in various sizes and styles, so there will be something to suit your needs. They mount to the ceiling and are relatively low-profile at only 100mm.

Heatstrips (excluding the Heatstrip Max THX and gas models) are approved for use in wet areas and are IP55, IP45 and IPX4 rated, which means they're protected from water ingress from all directions. They are fully compliant with Australian and New Zealand standards AS/NZS.

It's worth noting that if installed in wet areas, the heater switches or controls must be located so that persons in the bath or shower cannot touch them. Each model will include recommended clearances. As with all fixed wiring products, the units must be installed by a licensed electrician.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Installing a ceiling heater in a bathroom with minimal cavity

Thank you Mitchell. I will investigate Heatstrips. I do appreciate your insights.

Karen

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects