Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to update bathroom when bath is not a stand alone? - No flooring under bathtub

HelenS161
Just Starting Out

How to update bathroom when bath is not a stand alone? - No flooring under bathtub

20230308_131402.jpg

 Would like to replace bath with a combo shower bath and take out old shower.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to update bathroom when bath is not a stand alone? - No flooring under bathtub

Hello @HelenS161 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about updating your bathroom.

One of the issues I foresee is the windowsill getting wet from the shower. The constant soaking from the water might be detrimental to the timber frame of the window. You can still have a shower over bath setup, but I suggest putting it in the location of the shower. If there is a gap under the position of the bath it can be filled up with concrete and re-tiled.

The vanity will have to move a little bit to the left and the large mirror will have to be removed. Can you please tell me if there is a cabinet on the opposite side of the shower? If there is, its size must be taken into consideration when you have your shower over bath installed. 

I've drawn up a quick sketch to give you an idea of how it might look like. Please have a look and tell me what you think.    

If you would like to see it in another configuration, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects