Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat a corroded shower screen frame?

peter89
Just Starting Out

How to treat a corroded shower screen frame?

234AC8BF-85B1-45E9-8356-A72377B53288.jpeg

 hello

As you can see I’ve got some rather bad shower screen frame corrosion

do you have any ideas for trying to clean this up?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower Screen corrosion

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @peter89. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about treating corrosion on a shower frame.

The chrome protective layer appears to have been compromised, and this corrosion will continue if it's not addressed. It's likely that this corrosion is also going on inside the frame, and this surface issue is just a visible sign of that. I'd suggest giving this area a scrub with a Scotch-Brite Pad and warm soapy water. This should remove the bulk of the corrosion. Be careful to stick to this area as the Scotch-Brite will scratch the surrounding chrome.

It doesn't look like the corrosion has penetrated through the chrome layer yet, so you could try restoring the shine with chrome polish. Alternatively, you might spray the corner with a clear coat to prevent moisture from accessing the areas and accelerating the corrosion.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects