Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop a toilet seat sliding?

Just Starting Out

How to stop a toilet seat sliding?

I have recently bought new toile seat from Bunnings now it is sliding as did the former. How do I adjust it to not slide please?

IMG_2261.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop a toilet seat sliding?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @88. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a toilet seat.

If the toilet seat is installed correctly, then there should be minimal movement, and I wouldn't have thought it should slip at all. There might be a small amount of play in it, but that should be only a few millimetres. I'd suggest that the most likely cause for the seat moving around would be that the mounting brackets were not tightened into the pan sufficiently. If these are loose, then the seat would move around considerably. Can you remove the seat and mounting bracket cover plates and ensure the mounting brackets are secured correctly? There should be buttons on the inside of the mounting brackets to release the seat.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects