Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace laundry spout?

James23
Just Starting Out

How to replace laundry spout?

I need some advice as to how to remove this laundry spout. It doesn't have any spot where I could use a spanner. Do you need a special tool for removing this laundry spout? I tried to twist it by hand and lever it off with a spanner as much as I could but it's too tight. What to do?

1000014504.jpg1000014503.jpg1000014502.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacing laundry Spout

Hello @James23 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about removing your kitchen spout.

You were going in the right direction, but I suggest using a larger wrench or shifter. It has to be able to clamp on to the large bottom body of the spout. You then turn it anti-clockwise to loosen the spout. 

However, if after several attempts and the spout refuses to budge. I recommend engaging the services of a registered plumber. They will have the proper tools and experience to remove the spout from your wall. Forcing it any further could result in the copper pipe assembly behind the wall to kink and start a leak.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects