Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a toilet cistern?

GardeningGirl
Finding My Feet

How to replace a toilet cistern?

Hi there,

The cistern of my (23-year-old Fowler) toilet is cracked and needs replacement. Just wondering if I can buy any cistern, or if it needs to have a certain specs? Could you suggest a suitable ceramic one for me?

Thanks!

97A04D2F-89EB-4F7C-A1E0-006780DE0707.jpeg

B560E08C-0002-4CB8-82DC-18C42DF00025.jpeg

Pics of toilet attached. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacement cistern for toilet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @GardeningGirl. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a cistern.

As this is not a close-couple toilet, you are not limited to a cistern that suits the pan. Something like this Estilo Vitreous China Linksuite Cistern WELS 4 Star 4.5 L/full would be fine.

You might like to check out our toilet installation service.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Great, thank you so much for your quick response Mitchell. 

Sorry I did have a question - the water input to my toilet is in bottom right-hand side - see pic. Will the Estilo cistern be okay with that? The hose is quite long though, so looks like it could easily reach to centre or even left, I think!

B504A9E0-0BBF-4D9A-BF4D-8F491343DFE9.jpeg

Hi @GardeningGirl,

I believe the inlet valve on that unit is on the left-hand side. If your inlet hose is not long enough to reach over, longer sizes are available in-store.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects