Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a shower tile?

malcomalcolm
Just Starting Out

How to replace a shower tile?

I’ve elbowed my soap dish in the shower and I am looking to replace it with a spare tile. I’ve measured and cut the spare tile to size. I’m currently after what tools and products I would need to get the job done? Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

IMG_2394.jpeg

IMG_2395.jpeg

IMG_2397.jpeg

IMG_2396.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace a shower tile?

Hello @malcomalcolm 

Using a Ryobi Multi Tool can be helpful, but what you truly require are a cold chisel and a mini sledgehammer. Make sure you're wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, gloves, a facemask, a long-sleeved shirt, pants, and enclosed footwear. 

Break the remaining soap holder into pieces and chip away the chunk left on the wall using the cold chisel. Although the Multi-Tool is effective for removing grout, the tile glue behind the soap holder is mainly responsible for keeping it in place.

I suggest using Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive to glue the tile or new soap holder in place. I propose using Dunlop 800g Ready-To-Go Coloured Grout - White to fill in the grout line.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects