Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate bathroom on a budget?

sevphoenix
Just Starting Out

How to renovate bathroom on a budget?

I would like to redo my bathroom on a budget. I know that the floor is uneven and will need to be redone but I wonder what gets done first if I want to change my toilet, put a short narrow bath, add a tap (but keep the shower) change vanity/sink but that is not mandatory.

.New plansNew plansIMG_0763.JPGIMG_0765.JPGIMG_0764.JPG

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What comes first

Hi  @sevphoenix 

Changing a   toilet is easy and relativly inexpensive $300 + toilet new  price.

I would  put in a  bath  with a shower head to save space. Thats probably $2000 bath $1000 installation

Vanity cost  $?  plumbing $200 estimates

Great work  on doing  the very first  step is to plan out how you want you bathroom to look with a  drawing with the space avaliable measurments

So then when your shopping for new bathroom fittings you can show people exactly what you have and then you can pick out workable solutions, 

Cost out your toilet and bath shower vanity etc. including  deliver costs

Get quotes on labour for everything.

To start  you off if you combine the  shower in to the bath space you might have a better use of the space.

That is a  big  job even for an advanced DIYer

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to renovate bathroom on a budget?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sevhamon. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about bathroom renovations.

You might like to read through this guide: How to plan a bathroom renovation.

The first items to be done depend on the extent of your renovation. Do you plan on changing the floor tiles? If so, everything needs to be removed right back to the waterproofing layer. So, the toilet, vanity, shower, and then the floor tiles come off. You'll also need to consider if the wall tiles are changing too. Waterproofing is redone, then tiling, toilet going in and bath, then vanity.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects