Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a laundry benchtop?

fanis
Finding My Feet

How to install a laundry benchtop?

Hi Brain Trust,

I want to install the Acacia benchtop in my laundry. please refer to the picture (sorry about the mess).

The question I have is what can be done to support one side to have some stability. What I have to use to hold the benchtop against the wall?

I would greatly appreciate any advice, suggestions, or experiences you can share to help me address this issue.

laundry.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a laundry benchtop?

Hello @fanis 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about installing a benchtop.

One way to support a floating benchtop without any side panels is to use Carinya 380 x 380 x 40 x 6mm Galvanised Heavy Duty Angle Brackets. However, it's important that the brackets are anchored to the stud walls. 

Another method is to place a timber support piece on your wall to act as a lip for the benchtop to sit on. But it will be necessary to use a side panel to support the benchtop.

I also suggest having a look at this featured project - Floating timber desk with concealed brackets by @ProjectPete

If you have any other questions we can help you with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects