Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a dishwasher in laundry?

yaz
Just Starting Out

How to install a dishwasher in laundry?

Hello there, 

Our kitchen is too small to install a dishwasher so we’re looking into installing a dishwasher in the adjacent laundry. 

Are you aware of a bracket that is strong enough to wall-mount a dishwasher or a front loader washing machine, so that either the dishwasher or

9BAA0C59-D6C0-4370-8078-2DDE6DCA7185.jpeg

washing machine can sit on top of each other? I’ve attached a photo of the space - the fridge would go. 

Any help would be most appreciated! 

Thanks so much :smile: 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing dishwasher in laundry

Hello @yaz 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about installing a dishwasher in your laundry. 

Before I make any recommendations, would it be possible for you to post a few photos of your kitchen? This will give our members a chance to assess the available space in the area. Perhaps we can then make recommendations on a possible location for the dishwasher.

I'm currently unaware of a dishwasher bracket, however you can build a strong table reinforced with steel brackets. I suggest using SpecRite 2400 x 900mm 32mm Timber Panel Pine Glulam FJ in conjunction with Zenith 14G x 75mm Galvanised Hex Head With Seal Timber Screws

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask if you decide to build the table.

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yaz
Just Starting Out

Thanks so much for your help, Eric! Most appreciated. We’ve had the kitchen assessed by a plumber and it’s not possible without a full kitchen renovation, which we’re not interested in doing at this stage. Your recommendation of a table is a good one. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

We'll be looking forward to seeing what you achieve, @yaz. Let us know if you need any guidance whilst building your table.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects